Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Next?

       Alright, so since I retired, I've been asked multiple times, "What's next?"  I haven't really been 100% honest with the answer because, well, I didn't KNOW the real answer. But now, I've got a little better idea, so I thought I'd share.

       Right now the plan is definitely to coach somewhere...the big question is where. I'm currently talking with a couple guys from British Columbia, Canada, on working at two separate baseball academies (one is high school kids, the other is kids 7-15). Why Canada? Well, Julia (my girlfriend, for those of you who haven't been paying attention) is training up here until the 2012 Olympics, so for the time being, it would make both our lives a whole lot easier if we lived a little closer to one another. After she retires (whether it be after the 2012 or 2016 Olympics), we plan on moving back to Texas, at which point, I will hopefully find some sort of coaching job in the high school ranks (unless this academy thing up here takes off, in which case we'll have to rethink what we want to do.. Lol).

       Welp, that's the updated plan. Sorry its so short, but to be honest, I don't have much time to talk today....busy day of errands, meetings, and hangout time with Jules (she actually has a day off today! Lol).

       Until next time: "Yall be good."

No comments:

Post a Comment